Information for Social Impact Investors
Technical Product Manager - London
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Type: Full Time
Start Date: June 2017
Ask Inclusive Finance
Helping make more businesses great businesses
AskIf’s mission is to transformationally scale the Responsible Finance sector for lending to businesses that have been financially excluded by mainstream banks and financial institutions.
We are launching an integrated solution which solves the issues preventing the sector from scaling.
1. We will deliver loan capital funding, leveraging peer to peer technology to provide over £200m evergreen capital over the next 4 years
2. We will create referral partnerships to scale client acquisition, underpinned by tech that streamlines both the referral and client management eco system.
3. We are creating a market place platform that aggregates the network of responsible finance partners for both loan capital investors and client referrals and step changes process efficiency, data integrity and reporting.
We’re launching our pilot platform in April 2017 with a fast decision to move to scoping and designing our production platform to scale dramatically early 2018.
Why work at AskIf?
We are an exciting start up organisation that is looking to transform the marketplace for enterprise lending. We are committed to leveraging technology to make the finance industry a fair and more inclusive place for all businesses for whom borrowing will enable their growth, success and the creation of jobs.
We are a small, experienced team with fantastic industry partnerships, looking to recruit someone who shares our passion & vision to transform the finance industry.
Current staff love working at AskIf:
• We do work that will have a positive impact on people and communities, enabling job creation and social mobility.
• We’re creating something that is transformational and will disrupt traditional models of lending & finance.
• We dream big, are results focused and operate at a fast pace
• We are a non-hierarchical organisation and value diversity. Integrity & transparency are core to our values.
• We’re working with a fantastic set of stakeholders
• We have fun, support & respect each other
About the job
Our platform launches this month (April 2017), a 6-month pilot, leading to the production system launch Q1 2018. We’re working closely with software developers and four Responsible Finance providers, to deliver functionality, products and processes bespoke to the sector. The individual in this role will have full responsibility for the end to end solution design of the AskIf platform, based on understanding the needs of customers (borrowers), RFP delivery partners & loan capital investors. They will lead the product development roadmap from pilot MVP to full production system and subsequent improvements enabling the shift in business model needed (akin to a peer to peer type funding and lending model). They will also own the day to day operational oversite of the platform, tracking any bugs and ensuring a faultless delivery to the RFP network.
• Building a deep understanding of all stakeholder journeys (Borrower, Responsible Finance provider & Loan Capital investors), identifying & filling product gaps and generating new ideas re functionality, reporting and UX.
• Translating product strategy into detailed requirements using Agile processes, maintaining the Product backlog and taking responsibility for creating user stories that encompass input from the AskIf team.
• Ownership of the relationship with the software developers, acting as the Product Manager within the Agile development framework.
• Managing the delivery of product-orientated projects to time and budget constraints, providing comprehensive progress reports to the team.
• Engagement with our founding RFPs to ensure the system meets all client management, loan management, workflow and reporting requirements.
• Supporting the investigation of 3rd party tech partnerships to deliver the full production system capability (loan admin backend, collections & recovery process, CRM).
• Embedding data integrity and robustness of process in every design feature whilst ensuring a seamless UX/UI.
• Work closely alongside other members of the AskIf team, delivery and loan partners and tech partners, play an integral role in the launch and management of the platform.
• Managing the operational interaction of all users with the AskIf platform – fast response to queries and quick resolution of issues.
- A proven track record of Technical Product & Project management, delivering complex system requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- An ability to have technical conversations and translate these into product deliverables & outcomes.
- Experience of the Agile project and development delivery methods.
- Management experience beneficial
- Sound knowledge of the loan product set, secured and unsecured is preferable but not essential.
- A strong leader, with a proven track record of delivering new initiatives, efficient implementation of change, and ownership of major projects.
- Proactive in securing stakeholder alignment and agile delivery simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal and proven success working in a small and dynamic team.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with an ability to be structured, organised and effectively prioritise to maximise impact whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Happy to be flexible about role and responsibility – where needs dictate that they turn their hand to something outside their core responsibility that has been prioritised as ‘urgent’ within this fast-growing organisation.
- Ability to translate user requirements and broader market needs into detailed product and operational requirements & processes and drive through to execution.
Sound interesting? Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 020 3176 7633
©2016-2017 Ask Inclusive Finance Limited
Registered Address: Fryern House, 125 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR | Registered in England and Wales No. 10020883