AskIf is looking for a Full Stack Developer to help disrupt the small business lending market. This is an impactful role and as such you will report directly to the co-founders of the business.
About AskIf: Helping make more businesses great businesses
AskIf is a commercial, social business with a mission to close the funding gap for financeable small businesses who’ve been declined a loan by a mainstream lender.
We have a grand vision for changing the shape of the small business lending eco-system in the UK and beyond. Small companies have a huge impact upon local economies, job creation and social mobility, so we felt compelled to make the eco-system work better… to nurture small enterprises and empower them with funding and support. Create jobs. Create opportunities.
We launched our MVP pilot platform into the live environment mid 2017 in partnership with an external tech provider and a large network of other supporters/partners and have already proved the attractiveness of both the tech and the business model. We’ve seen over £4m in applications pass through the platform and are on track to see volumes exceeding £200m per year from 2020.
We’re now ready to bring our tech in house with the hire of a Full Stack Developer so that we are in control of our own destiny and have full ownership of our differentiating intellectual property.
We are an Angel backed fintech business and are the only platform lender operating in this sector of the underbanked SME market, where the funding gap is estimated to be between £2.2bn per year and a total market size of £35bn.
Momentum is building fast behind the business and 2018 is set to be a pivotal and exciting year for the business. Now’s a great time to join!
Why work at AskIf?
We are an exciting start up organisation with grand ambitions to transform the marketplace for enterprise lending. We dream big and are realising these dreams!
We are a true fintech; a small, highly motivated team with deep finance industry experience and fantastic industry partnerships where success of the business is underpinned by a proprietary tech platform. We are looking to bring our tech team in house, to further invest and innovate across our tech assets, bringing the best of new tech into the model.
We can’t wait to hire someone to be the catalyst for our technology vision, working with the co-founders as part of a team who share a passion & vision to transform the finance industry, someone who will take pride in ensuring that our tech is truly excellent, and someone who brings the enthusiasm, ambition and creativity needed to embrace the opportunities that an early stage company offers.
Responsibilities and Duties
Technology underpins our business model. We’re constantly striving to innovate our platform and create user delight and this role has been created to deliver on that objective.
The successful candidate will be part of a small and growing team who will define the direction of the business and implement our ongoing exciting product roadmap. Initially, you will be the sole developer. Over time the development team is expected to expand and leadership opportunities may become available.
▪ Take technical ownership of evolving our prototype into a commercial web-based SaaS product. The decisions you make will range from product architecture across the full stack, to the selection of specific technologies best suited to the application needs.
▪ Work with the Product Manager to ensure that business requirements and required outcomes are clearly understood so that the architecture and solution are optimally designed.
▪ Build, test and deploy our client-facing web platform.
▪ Be involved in building disruptive, cutting-edge technology by enhancing our proprietary risk models to better assess and manage loans, and by leveraging new tech into the platform to enhance and optimise the way in which we engage with clients (including live chat, chatbots, AI).
▪ Be responsible for managing and optimising the database structure and reporting algorithms
▪ Use customer feedback to design, implement and iterate on new features in an agile data-driven manner.
▪ Take responsibility for the operational management and evolution of our AWS-based infrastructure
▪ Help the team overcome any roadblocks to planned development in collaboration with the product owner.
Qualifications and Skills
We’re looking for an amazing person who loves to solve problems and can think creatively when faced with challenges. You’ll be a fabulous fit for this role if you:
▪ Have previously built SaaS web applications and can hit the ground running
▪ Have knowledge of Node/js (with Sequalize), Angular2, MySql (including sql knowledge) and, to enable management of AWS, an operational knowledge of ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, CloudWatch, Lamba, EC2
▪ Have experience gathering business requirements and supporting the prioritisation process into the development cycle
▪ Want to adopt and then evolve the system as your own, and love seeing projects through from concept to implementation
▪ Have an entrepreneurial, ‘get stuff done’ attitude, excited about embedding new and innovative technologies as the platform evolves and we revolutionise the small business funding eco-system
▪ Are expert in diving into code, but also want to contribute towards shaping the product through user interaction
▪ Have strong problem-solving skills coupled with an ability to be structured, organised and effectively prioritise to maximise impact whilst juggling multiple priorities.
▪ Passion for the user experience and proven track record of developing client-centric technology solutions
▪ Happy to be flexible about role and responsibility - where needs dictate, turn your hand to something outside your core responsibility that has been prioritised as ‘urgent’ within this fast-growing organisation.
▪ May also have some knowledge of lending having worked at another fintech/lending platform business
Joining AskIf means you will:
✓ Join an angel-backed, experienced and ambitious team, who are driving a tech enabled revolution in SME lending that will disrupt traditional finance models and has the power to improve the lives of millions.
✓ Apply your entrepreneurial spirit and leadership capabilities without limits.
✓ Get great start up perks - share options in a business that is going to create huge value for customers and shareholders, 25 days holiday, flexible working, limitless coffee and great office space right next to Oval tube station.
We love direct applicants. AskIf is an equal opportunities employer. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £58k to £70k / year plus share options, depending upon skills, experience
Required experience: 5 years development experience 2+ years full stack developer
Required education: Bachelors
Required language: English
How to apply
Send CV to [email protected]